The Magical Land

THE MAGICAL LAND

Once upon a time there lived a little called Emily. She lived in a small cottage with 3 rooms. They all shared a bedroom; they also had a kitchen and a dining room. Emily didn’t go to school and sometimes she wished she did; she also spent a lot of time day dreaming about galloping through the open planes on her very own horse, feeling the wind whipping through her long orange hair.

One day when Emily was going for a walk with her friend Rachel, they saw a thick line of trees They were going to explore it but Rachel’s watch alarm went off, so they had to go back home.

The next day when Rachel came over again, they went to explore the trees but they weren’t there. Then Rachel said “Are you sure we went the right way?”
“I’m sure they were here,” Emily replied, then Rachel’s watch alarm went off and they had to go back home.

When Rachel went home, Emily told her parents everything, but they didn’t believe her and wouldn’t let her go there again. She tried to sneak out but her parents caught her… well at least they thought they had. When her parents where asleep she snuck out and when she went to where the trees were she heard someone talking. She came a bit closer and saw that it was the trees that were talking and they had eyes! She was scared but she ignored it and started to go through them trying not to let them see her, but the biggest tree saw her, and when it did it shouted, “Come back here!” and pulled her back with a branch. After a while they were friends and the tree let her explore inside. When she got to the middle there was a clearing with a horse that came up to her, and heaps of money. When she had to go home she rode the horse home.

The next day was Emily’s birthday and she took her parents to the trees and introduced the big tree and led them inside and the big tree told them it was a magical land and they could live there if they wanted to. They said, “Oh yes!” and then they got to work and brought a mansion. They caught the horse for Emily, which had returned to the forest, and enrolled her in the school of her choice and they lived happily ever after.

By Tekira Wilde
Year 3
Age 7


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!