Night Of Horror

It started one blistering, windy night. I was safely tucked in bed with my arms wrapped over my legs, curled up in a little, tight ball. The wind howled and thunder rumbled like an elephant that hadn’t eaten for a year. Lightning shot across the sky like a wishing star over the horizon. Then I heard something else, a faint ‘whoosh-whoosh’ that swept around me. The mysterious noise was followed by a tiny scream. It continued until I had the least bit of urge to investigate.

Quietly but cautiously, I crept out of my comfy, warm bed and started down the stairs. I knew my mum wasn’t the soundest sleeper so even a teensy creak might wake her up. Silently and finally I reached the bottom of the staircase. Shivering with cold, I opened the front door and stepped outside. Other than the light in my bedroom, the whole village was in a world of pitch black.

As I tiptoed towards the nursing home up the street the scream began to rise louder. ‘Yes,’ I thought, I was on the right track. I crossed my fingers. Hopefully the door wouldn’t be locked but as I quietly turned the handle it didn’t budge. I had to find another way in. I glanced up. The window! A large pipe, twisted up towards a tiny window at the very top of the building. I took a deep breath. Then I leaped onto the slippery metal pipe and began to pull myself up.

Though it was painful and exhausting I just felt I had to investigate what was going on here. Panting loudly, my shivering hand reached the window ledge. I pushed open that tiny window. Then I gasped in disgust.

A white…well, how should I put this….cloudy, misty blob shaped like a splotch of paint was flying just above an old woman’s head and…I can’t bring myself to say the words but, it was multiplying her eyes, nose and mouth. As I started to gasp a teeny breath, the Blob swung around. I saw its face- hideous, almost as hideous as its victim and ducked my head down in shivery silence. Leaning my head against the cool, brick wall I began to feel different- a lot different from how I normally feel. I’m not sure if it was my imagination but I was being pulled towards the room like a magnet to a fridge. I let myself be dragged, since my legs could not help themselves. I was being sucked into the ghastly body of the blob or was it being sucked into me? My brains stirred as if they were being pushed aside and new ones were taking over……………

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!