Dark Night Of Saving

Silence in the far distance. Out on a full moon. Your spine tinkles when a twig snaps. Run! It’s too late. You’re kidnapped. Smash! Things get worse. One case to solve. One mystery ahead.
My name is Crane Larton and I’m an undercover detective. Only you should know. I run out of headquarters and to my car. I drive at top speed to a big tree. Through the window screen I see a big hole. I jump out, race to the tree and take out my magnifying glass. Streaks of bark clinging and, what’s this? I Look down and see a trail of footprints. I get into my car and follow the footprints that lead to a small dark hut. A small, crooked house with bits of wood blocking the windows and the door. Should I dare go in? I have no choice. I barge through the door knocking the bits the wood. I see a sack. Are you in there?
No! It’s a pair of green gloves with a bit of dirt on the fingers. Can this be my next clue? It has to be. I return to my car and drive off to see a hole in the ground. The suspect could have berried something but not enough power to berry you. Once again I get out of my car to see a shovel lying beside the hole. I grab the shovel and dig out a key. I get out my magnifying glass then I see more fingerprints. What could this lead to? I go back to my car and drive to a nearby hut as small and as old as the last one.
I still go in. Crack! Some must be in here. Ahhhl Phew. It’s just a raccoon. I step closer to another sack. What can it be this time? There’s only one thing to do. I look inside the sack. I don’t think I’ll be surprised. Inside the sack I see glasses. What good does this do? Anyway, back to the case, but I still take the glasses. I go to the car again. Just then I pull up to a small, black car, with a hole in the front! Beside the car you are lying on the ground with handcuffs around your hands but your eyes are closed. Suddenly, a short, fat man appears. He is wearing black clothes and a bandana over his face and he’s slightly dirty. You would know if someone would dress like this it is someone bad, so I take the risk.
Think of the clues. What do the clues tell me? Of course! I put on the glasses while the man is staring at me glaringly. It says “Help me!” I put it on you and you awake. That’s weird. Being careless of glasses, I am wrong. I release the handcuffs with the key. No doubt I the saboteur have gone to prison. Now I’ve saved you, weird ending, case closed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!