Rainfall Can Be Deadly!

It was a wild, stormy night as little lost Belinda Hilton bolted around the sand dunes, desperate to find her parents. She was also running away from a man who had tried to kidnap her! The last time she had seen them was when they had gone for their evening walk. Suddenly her foot got stuck in some sort of sticky wet sand, she turned round to try and release her foot when her foot when her other foot became trapped too! She was being pulled down……
And down……
And down……
“Right, five year old girl missing!” Called Constable Antensuit irritably to his crew. “Last time her parents saw her was when they went for their evening walk. She disappeared as the storm started. They went back to their beach house and she was nowhere to be seen. Description: Black curly hair, big blue eyes and fairly slender.
Constable Antensuit and his favourite member of his crew, D.C. Worthwood, were in a Police car, driving to the Hilton’s house.
“Oh my goodness! They must be rich! Look at the limousines parked outside the mansion, and the gardens, they must have professional gardeners look after them!” Gasped D.C. Worthwood in awe.
A chauffeur directed them into a gigantic garage where a where an enormous shiny silver Toyota Land cruiser Sahara was parked. A servant beckoned them out of the car and through a very expensive kitchen where maids were slaving miserably over some sickly looking buns. After that they were led through some disgustingly plain servants’ quarters and into a chokingly ostentatious lounge, where two people were sitting on the sofa, dramatically sobbing into each others shoulder. Constable Antensuit and D.C. Worthwood were welcomed with a grim hello and taken through to a rich mahogany dining room and left to seat themselves. Then, as if on cue, a maid came in carrying a tray of bitter coffee and sickly looking buns. She gave them a cheesy smile and was dismissed with a graceful wave of Mrs Hilton’s hand.
“Now before you say anything, we are the parents of our darling little Belinda.
“We would like to ask you a few questions and view your daughters’ bedroom and any other rooms where she kept her belongings.”
They asked the questions and the parents led them to Belinda’s room. Well, it wasn’t really a room, it was a suite! D.C. Worthwood gave a low whistle.
“Now, there are a few questions we forgot to ask you two.”
“Ask away.” Replied Mr Hilton glumly.
“In which direction did Belinda run when she disappeared?”
“Not a clue, it was like one minute she was there the other she was gone!” Snapped her mother angrily.
“Also would she be running away from someone?”
“Of course not! No one hated our little Belinda!” They chorused.
“Well how come there’s a note here saying ‘Meet me on the sand dunes?’”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!