Sarah And The Dolphin

There once was a girl named Sarah. She lived in the city with her Dad. Her Dad worked for a Technology Company, in this job Sarah’s Dad got transferred a lot. Sarah hated this, but she never complained. Their next move was to the beach. Sarah was excited, but nervous at the same time, because even though they moved so often it was still hard to make friends. There were ups and downs to this. One up was that Sarah had a lot of new friends, but a down was that all the schools were different and not everyone wanted to be Sarah’s friend.

On the day Sarah moved to her new home, she was really nervous. She was a lot more nervous now that they were in the car, on the way, than she had been at home. They were in the car for about 3 hours before they finally arrived. It was a lovely house and Sarah really liked it. It was right near the water, with a great view and it was just a walk away from Sarah’s new school.

On Monday morning Sarah had her new uniform on and was ready to go. Now she was really really nervous, but she had done this so many times she couldn’t figure out why. She had a plan. She was jut going to smile at people and hope they smiled back.

So she walked down the hallway with people walking past her. She was smiling, but no one was smiling back. She thought that maybe they just hadn’t seen her, so she smiled some more. That just made it worse, people started looking at her like she was an idiot or something. She walked to her first class. It was DISASTER!!! The day felt like it went for ages, but it was finally over. She walked from her school to the beach.

As she walked along the beach she saw a dolphin lying on the sand with a broken fin. Immediately Sarah ran over to the dolphin to see if it was still breathing. Sarah called the RSPCA and told them to come down to the beach. They came down and said that the dolphin was okay and that it just had a broken fin. They wrapped it up and said that it would need to be looked after for a while. Sarah said she would do it. Sarah fed and checked on the dolphin before and after school. After a few months the dolphin was better again.

Sarah and the dolphin went swimming together all the time. They were best friends. Even though Sarah had no friends at school she didn’t mind because she had her one best friend and that was all she needed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!