A Crow’s Event

It was late in the afternoon when two crows named Bill and Ben were going on their daily fly to look for dinner. “I give up there’s no food around here at all!” screeched Ben. “Don’t get your hopes down, I’m sure there’s food around here somewhere!” replied Bill.
The two crows were flying over rooftops and overflowing garbage cans. “Hang on Ben, those garbage cans have got some mouldy food in them, maybe we should check it out!” exclaimed Bill.
So they flew down hoping they would find food. Ben jumped on the garbage can dancing around like an idiot because he thought they found food, when…
. . . . . . . . . . He slipped!!! “Help Bill,” he cried. “Stop staring like you’re frozen! Help me already!” He cried, panicking like the world was going to end. Bill was worried as Ben was drowning in the trash. The only solution was to dive in and save him. So Bill hopped on the side of the can and dived in. But there was too much trash to find him, so he hopped out of the trash can and knocked it over. There, on the ground, was Ben, suffocating because his head was stuck in a discarded plastic six-pack holder. Bill started bitting the bottle holder and eventually snapped it off. Ben was grateful to be saved.
Bill and Ben looked at the scraps on the ground, but there was nothing much there, so they flew away.
They continued flying until Bill noticed a beach that was filthy with rubbish, so they flew down to check it out. There were heaps of signs on the beach saying ‘Do Not Enter, Dangerous Area!’ and ‘Beware Of The Shark!’ But Bill and Ben still flew down.
When they landed, there was food everywhere, even in the water! “Jeez, people must have hated this place for it to be covered in rubbish.” exclaimed Bill. “Hey look, some Doritos, my favourite!” He continued.
Bill walked into the water not knowing that the shark could possibly be in the water. He grabbed the Doritos and tried flying away, but something with sharp teeth had gotten a hold of him. Ben screeched when he saw that it was the shark! He tried thinking of what he should do, but he couldn’t concentrate whilst watching Bill bleed to death.
Ben thought long and hard, but by the time he thought to fly over and BITE the shark with his sharp beak, the shark was already gone! He couldn’t believe it, his best friend was dead!
Ben flew off with a broken heart! He didn’t know what to do, so he just flew back to his tree. And fell asleep…… Then he woke up in horror to see himself safe in his nest with Bill! This meant that Ben had dreamt a horrible nightmare. He was very grateful to have Bill by his side!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!