Ned And Neddy Chpt 1

Chapter 1
“And remember class,” said Mr Perkens as he rustled some papers, “that assignment of yours is due tomorrow!”
Ned lifted his head up slowly and looked around. He rubbed his eyes and wondered how long he had been asleep. Then suddenly he sat straight up as fear started to build up inside him. Did Mr Perkens just say the assignment was due tomorrow? No he couldn’t have because Ned hadn’t started yet.
Ned Bucklen went to Spitsens High School. He was 13, so that meant he was in the 8th grade. He never really enjoyed school, probably ‘cos he wasn’t that good at it, but every year he somehow managed to slip through with an average. He wasn’t that popular either, somehow the girls at his school weren’t really into his brown spiky hair that you couldn’t really see anyway under that red cap that seemed to always be on his head.
Ned’s only friend was Timothy Witchedson or Twitch for short. He was the weirdest boy in the world. With his blonde hair and blue eyes, you would think he’s just a normal kid (except the fact that he thinks he can speak magpie). Ned’s other friend was his dog Neddy, a small brown beagle with a nose the size of a tennis ball.
Ring, Ring!!!
The ear piecing sound of the end of school bell shot down Ned’s spine and reminded him he only had 18 hours to get an entire assignment done. When Ned was out of his shocked daze, he stood up, ran out of the classroom and down the hall. He was going so fast that he didn’t notice the ‘Wet Floor’ sign. Ned slipped through the soapy water and skidded down the hall 10 times faster than before just making it to his locker. He unlocked and opened it, yanked out his bag, locked his locker and sped back down the hall.
“That felt like the longest bus ride in the history of bus rides!” complained Ned as he flopped down on to his bed. Neddy trotted in holding the phone in his mouth.
“Who is it boy?” said Ned playfully. Neddy dropped the phone at his feet and sat down Ned picked up the phone and held it to his ear.
“Hello? It’s Twitch.”
“Oh, hey.”
“So having trouble with the assignment?”
“Na, haven’t started.”
“Do you want to go with me to Maple Library? I’m going to search for…..” There was a moment of silence. “The Book.” Said Twitch
“What! You serious? No one’s got out ‘The Book’ in years! You know why? ‘cos it’s somewhere on the second storey!” shouted Ned.
“Yeah, I know,” said Twitch “But just think what a discovery! I mean it would really help us.”
“Whatever. I’ll come.” Agreed Ned
“Cool! Meet you there.” Said twitch and he hung up.
Ned put down the phone and looked at Neddy, “So, you ready for an adventure?”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!