I Wish

It’s midnight. I can’t get to sleep. It’s not the pouring rain or my cousins . It’s my dreams I have every night. They’re kind of unpredictable I can still hear the thunder as it travels down the east coast. I wonder where all the storms go when they’re finished. My whole life’s like a storm. I’m Earth. Everything else is the thunder and lightning.
My name is Eliza. I’m not the luckiest person on the planet. My parents are rarely here. We never know where they are. They travel so very often. I live with my Aunty in Australia. With her annoying son and daughters. They hate me so much. I don’t particularly like them but I don’t hate them. My school isn’t any better. The teachers are rude and the students there always bully me.
I wish I had a bigger room I could go over to my window and enjoy the rain. I like the rain. I enjoy the peacefulness of when the water falls on the roof. I wish I had a bigger wardrobe to fit all my clothes. You couldn’t even count the clothes in my room. They’re everywhere. I wish I had my parents here. I wish I was popular at school. I wish my cousins were nice to me. I wish my Aunty would talk to me. I wish the teachers would help me. I wish... I wish... I wish I was normal.
I feel sick. I’m lying in my bed. Tossing, turning. Ahhhhhhhhh. “Wake up sweetie; you’ll be late for school.” Am I dreaming? Have I just been waken up by my Aunty in a soft tone? ‘Breakfast is ready!’ What, my aunty is making breakfast. I can’t hear a thing. My cousins usually fighting, passing wind and screaming (because they can’t find a hair band). “Here sister let me comb your hair, Lets have breakfast together brother!” Are my cousins getting along? What’s going on? I quickly run out the door hoping my aunty doesn’t notice.
I got to school early. But oddly enough the kids at school are being nice as well. So are the teachers help me! I’m the most popular girl in school. I’m trying to be nice to all the people who come up to me. But I try and hide it off till home time.
The bell rings home time at last. I skip the bus and run. Great. My aunty is at work. That’s so weird. I go straight to my room. In a rush. Thunder. I hear thunder. Lightning. I hear lightning. Just like the night where everything was normal. I wish... I wish... I wish that everything was back to normal. That night I slept in peace. I heard nothing.
It’s Morning. The sun shining on my face. It feels so nice. “No you’re the big wierdo.” I thought I hear the sound. The sound of my normal life! ‘Thank you. Thank you so much.’ My life’s back. Never give your life away!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!