I Thought I Was Caught!

My hand quivered as I pushed the huge, dark green leaves out of the way, I had been hiding behind this bush for hours now. I looked through the small space that I had created and I saw a petrifying sight. Buildings were on fire, they would burn and collapse to the ground. Mothers were carrying their babies, desperately looking for somewhere to hide. I could hear guns shooting in the distance and hundreds of people screaming. Suddenly my heart started to pound. People were coming towards me! I wanted to get up and run but I couldn’t. They were getting closer. The leaves crunched beneath their feet, they were shouting. I needed to run but my legs wouldn’t let me. I was horrified, what would become of me? A shiver ran down my spine as I turned around. I could see two silhouettes. These people, men probably, were tall and muscular. They were each holding something long and skinny. They were really close to me now. All of a sudden my legs allowed me to run and so I did. Up I hopped and I sprinted as fast as I could, adrenalin was fuelling me.
“Someone’s running, get ‘em!” Yelled one of the men.
I realised that running was a stupid idea, if I had of stayed put they wouldn’t have seen me. I could hear them chasing me. I was terrified, I was going to die. I looked back. Crash! Bang! Ouch! I had hit the dirt. I was injured, my foot throbbed. I had numerous cuts all over my body, dark red blood poured from each and every wound. The energy had been robbed from me. I couldn’t go on, I couldn’t get away. The men were now right in front of me, guns drawn. I closed my eyes and prayed.
‘Please help me God.’
I waited for the pain of a bullet striking my heart but there was nothing. No gun shot, no pain. I opened my eyes very slowly. My heart skipped a beat when I saw the men’s faces next to mine. But as I looked closer I noticed something. One man had a familiar orange beard and the other had familiar baby blue eyes. These two people weren’t terrorists; they were Sam and Dan, the leaders of our village’s army.
“You alright kiddo? Sorry for scaring you like that.” Said Dan.
“I think I broke my foot,” I groaned.

Sam and Dan carried me to the army’s hideout so that I was safe. They dressed my numerous wounds and plastered my foot. Then they tucked me into a bed and I fell fast asleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!