Race To Freedom

Liberty. They finally won their freedom. Fighting, protesting, protecting their young and risking their lives. But nothing could stop them from getting their freedom back. Everyone was now peaceful in Rwanda. You would see little children playing along the streets with their friends, fathers working all day and returning home with sweets and rewards for their family and mothers being able to cook these delicious dishes that you could smell from streets away. Nothing was better than victory and sovereignty.
This was after the war that everyone was afraid of. All those people lying dead on streets. People thought it would never end. With that dictator on top, nobody could escape. People fought but couldn’t return home. Even a small baby would get killed.
Rwanda has been in this situation for years. But nobody spoke. Weren’t offered help. Water was poisoned by the military. Food wasn’t permitted to enter from elsewhere. This was all the fault of one selfish, cruel, old, mind blocked dictator. Everyone’s religion was denied. He was their god.
But no. Nobody would give up their country for a man, who thought nothing but himself and king. There was democracy, there were rights, and there was freedom. But not while he was here. He lived in his own world.
Men tried to make out secret meetings but were caught. ‘The world is mine for taking. MAKE ME KING!’, was all the dictator would say. When the sun sets and the moon rises, they were all under his ruling.
It wasn’t until one day, the citizens were informed that the king had an errand to attend. However this was the only chance citizens had to plot against the dictator. Every man that was left in the village assembled to an area that hasn’t yet been discovered. They had very little time and a lot of discussing.
Later that night they all reassembled again to act in accordance with their duty. Each of them stood in their position and waited for their signal. It’s time for someone to stand up and fight. It was their home they were fighting for, Fighting for freedom. Fighting for their lives!
Half hour later they alarmed the signal and all went into fighting. This was it.
And they all rushed in.
Killing whoever they saw as enemies.
All were dead and the king was next. The remainder of the men caught the king fleeing his palace into hiding. They all ran for him. Grabbing him by his shirt, and bashing him. “This is for everything you have done to us you dog!” one yelled and hit him.
The yelling was heard and all mothers and children rushed out in pride. Their men have done well. They finally gained victory. Liberation. At last.
All men returned home crying from proud. They have finally done it. Never giving up.
The time of the king was now over.
Everyone has regained their freedom.
Living peacefully
And happily
Like their dream
Forever and always.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!