Leave That To Me

Knocking the wooden door with a swollen fist, Jack called for help. He knocked again, and to his surprise, the door slowly opened without assistance. Jack dragged his useless limb into the dwelling, and with one last reserve of energy, called for help again. Without any replies, Jack fell to the cold floor, and feared nothing would happen to him. Jack slept silently, and only the pitter patter of the rain could be heard.

“Hello? Can you hear me?”

Jack heard someone calling him, but he couldn’t move, respond or see who it was. He wanted to cry, as he was finally saved from those cruel pirates. Jack wished his hero would provide him some food, and let him recover.

“Get up! Are you dead or alive? Villagers! Villager! Get this man some water. Hurry!”

With a lot of courage, Jack slowly regained his energy, groaned, and said “Thank you.” Jack hoped his thanks would be loud enough for his savers to hear.

“Did you hear that my lord? Knight Motte is still alive! Hurry up villagers! Call a doctor!”

Jack was surprised that his hero recognised him. He wondered for a few seconds, and then truly realised the situation he was in.

“My lord, how do we dispose of him? Should we ask him some questions first?”

Jack’s mind was filled with darkness again, and this time, he knew there was no escape.

“Leave that to me.”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!