I Am Me

I'm alone and the dark room surrounds me with the door closed shut, I hide beneath the covers although no-one and nothing is here to get me. I see a little light coming from behind my curtain from the real world outside my window, the world that hurt me on the inside, but still I sometimes search out for the beauties are too amazing to give up, a simple flower growing from a stem or the birds flying north across the blue sky.I come back to the fact that I'm still un-discovered from outside my door, all is quiet and all I hear is a tap dripping now and again, occasional snore from across the hall. It's night already, I want to see the stars and the bright moon would be so lovely to gaze at, No matter what time or how cold it gets I want to stand out where only the fresh air can stimulate my vitals back into action. All I know right now is I'm lost!

Thinking to myself has always come easily and sometimes I think too much inside to myself, not always as outspoken or come across as intelligent to anyone until they see the finer detail of me and all that I can be. I was seen as slow or simple when really I am someone who is just confined in my own silly head that couldn't say exactly what I thought up till now.

I now say it how I see it or am sarcastic when I can't be nice about it, I will say my mind and if I need space to evaluate the situation I won't say one word, because if I can't be truthful to myself, whats the use in being truthful to anyone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!