A Dark Forest

Snap! The snap of the stick broke the cold, dead silence. The burnt trees howled in the ice cold wind. My blood ran cold. Shadows followed me hiding behind trees rocks and frozen grass. The green glow grew stronger and stronger every step I took. Voices in my head kept yelling, telling me to turn back or suffer the consequences. I shook my head like I was being torchered or a one point felt like I was dying. I started to dink into the ground when I stepped closer to the green glowing light.
I reached a small clearing and to my shaken left side an odd shape made it's way towards me. I tried to run, but when my feet moved I just stayed in the same small place. At this small point in time the green glow had wandered off into the back, black part of my mind. My eyes were fixed on the small gap between the trees. I knew it wouldn't get me any where just looking a the gap. The green glow somehow, silently jumped back to the front of my brain. The green glow vanished and BANG!!!!!! The green glow filled the dark forest. The shape was almost a meter away when I thought to myself, "it's time to die!"

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!