Magic

"How did you do that?!" asked Mark in surprise. The magician smiled his mysterious smile. "Watch carefully, and you'll figure it out!" He performed his trick again. Mark looked as hard as he could, but he still could not figure out how the magician managed to do his little magic trick. Frustrated, Mark stormed out of the room. He headed home on the bus and when he got home, an idea had formed into his head. He quickly ran upstairs, and grabbed a top hat, and a stick. He jogged back to his bedroom, and put the objects down on his bed. Then, he picked up the stick, closed his eyes, and muttered the magic words- "Abracadabra, Abradacabra, Romminee ree, Rominee Roe, are you my friend or are you my foe?" Mark opened his eyes, and saw what he expected- nothing but a top hat. He tried again. "Abracadabra, Abradacabra, Romminee ree, Romminee Roe, are you my friend or are you my foe?" Mark opened his eyes again. Still nothing. He sighed, and tried two more times. Just when he thought he really had to give up, the most amazing thing happened! A rabbit popped out of the top hat! Mark cheered, and went straight to find the magician.
When he arrived, he found the magician waiting for him. "Ahhh..." the magician said. "You have come to show me your magic trick, have you not?" Mark showed the magician the magic trick, and the magician laughed. "Well done!" cried the magician. "If I can train you up a little bit more, you can come and travel with me as a mini-magician!" Mark felt proud. He went back home, and practised the trick again.

A year later, Mark got a letter saying that he was invited to go and peform with the Magic Magician. He showed his mother, who agreed at once. And you know what? Mark actually travelled around the whole world with the magician, and became very rich and famous.

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!