Haunted

Once there was a girl named Gracie. She lived in a house that was old and creaky. She lived on a dark farm. They couldn’t afford to buy another house. Her dad had died in a fire. It all started when he was working late. His boss was coming around locking the doors and he was locked in. The candle in his room touched his paper work and the fire started. Gracie was walking up the stairs when she heard a noise. It sounded like a ghost. She heard it again. This time it came from her room. Gracie was searching for it but she just couldn’t find it. When she sat on her bed, she saw this white thing appear next to her. She heard it again, but she now knew where it was coming from. It was coming from the white puffy thing. It turned into a human. Her friends came knocking on the door and the ghost disappeared. Gracie went down the stairs.
She opened the door, “HI”, said Dimity.
Her friends were named Rowane, Dimity, Courtney and Ebony.
Ebony said, “Can we go up stairs?”
“NO”! said Gracie.
“ Why not!” said Courtney.
“Don’t tell anyone, but I have a ghost in my room.”
“WHAT?” they all said, “there’s no such things as ghosts!”
“Come up then, I’ll show you if you don’t believe me. “
They followed her up stairs.
She said , “Ghost come here for a minute.”
A white puffy thing appeared.
“What is that?” screamed Dimity and Rowane .
“I told you. It’s a ghost”.
“But”, “but”, “but”, I can’t believe my eye’s!” said Rowane.
A couple weeks later the ghost was gone, and they had moved into a unit. Every thing was perfect. It was a good house for$100 every month. Her mum Della had finally gotten a job to get the money.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!