A Change Of A Life Time

''Wake up Tia!'' Shouted Tia's mum from down stairs ''its time to go to before school care so come and have breakfast and get dressed''.''Im coming mum!'' yelled Tia in a rather angry voice.You see Tia Always has to wake up at 5:00 every morning even on the weekend because her mum and dad work full time jobs.Sometimes Tia gets so sick of them working she wishes she was in a different family also this just makes it even worse she is picked on and bullying at school but can she tell her parents that, no.

So where were we? Oh yes Tia got dropped off at before school care and sat in a corner and did her homework.Then it was 6:00 at night and Tia got picked up from after school care. When she got home her mum and dad sat her down and gave her dinner while they went to answer calls.When she was finished she went up to her room to study but when she was studying she remembered that she had to do her chores as she was bringing the bins in and getting the mail a leaflet fell out of the bundle, as she picked it up she saw it was a competition to win a family holiday for a week all expenses paid.Its like it was meant to be, she had a felling deep in the pit of her stomach.What did she have to loose.

Coming home from school it was like any ordinary day expect both parents were waiting for her in the kitchen.Tia thought this was unusual but went in to see what it was it was all about.''Tia darling we have some news for you'' exclaimed Tia's parents ''what is it'' questioned Tia ''well we got a letter in the mail addressed to you so go on and open it'' as Tia opened it she let out a huge scream ''what is it are you ok dear'' ''ok, ok I am perfect because I entered a competition and the winner gets a free family holiday for 1 week can we go please'' ''well ok we should take some time off work we shall make the bookings.''

When the time arrived mum, dad and Tia all got up and went to the airport to fly out to Hawaii.When they were in Hawaii Tia felt like a normal child because her parents were not working and spending so much time together. 1 week pasted and it was time to go home and when they were on the plane Tia told her mum and dad what has been happening at school and how she was bullied.Tia's mum and dad said ''why didn't you come and talk to us'' ''because you were always to busy and I had alot of homework to do'' replied Tia ''honey we have decided that we are going to cut back our hours at work and increase family time''.

Its amazing looking back only 3 months ago how fortunate my family was to win a holiday and how much our lives have changed.
By my parents cutting back their ours at work and not doing over time it has allowed me to be involved in extra curricular activities like being in a netball team, playing the piano and doing swimming lessons to which I have met a lovely group of new friends and the most amazing surprise I am going to be a big sister soon.As for the bullying it stopped once I got my confidence built up and I always had someone to play with and I don't worry about anything any more.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!