You Can't Get A Rainbow, Without A Little Rain.

I saw you the other day… I think you saw me too.
My heart started to beat faster, as I remembered you.
The day we met, was a day like no other.
A few months passed and you became my lover.
We were young and foolish, with nothing in our way.
We were brainless and idiotic, thinking everything would end up okay.
But shortly enough, the reality started to shine through.
I soon began to see the real side of you.
Your selfishness and arrogance had started to wear me down.
I was no longer your princess, you had taken the crown.
You humiliated me and treated me like a piece of dirt.
When we were together, you would always talk to other girls and flirt.
I soon realized that I couldn’t take any more of what you were doing to me.
I could no longer leave my heart in your hands, when all you would do is let it bleed.
I knew the day would come that I would see you again.
But at least I know now, that you can’t get a rainbow, without a little rain.
So my life is now different, I don’t depend on that one, special man.
Now I just go through life focusing on the more important things, trying to do the best that I can.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!