A Cheer For An Athlete

Fan
The athletes were about to sprint. The crowd gave a cheerful roar. It was like a lion roar that could be hear all the way to Argentina. You could basically feel the athlete's nerves as they are about to race. You feel a lot of energy as you start to roar like a lion. The pistol goes off and the athletes start to run their heart out. New Zealand is in the lead, wait no now it's Australia! You stand on your chair and cheer like an idiot. Everyone is staring at you, mostly because half of them are New Zealanders, and mostly because they want you to just shut up and watch the Olympics. You sit down as fast as a lion. You feel your blood rush up to your head in embarrassment.

Runner
My heat is beating like crazy. My nerves are getting tingly. Pretty soon my energy is going to be out after this nutcase of a race. Great, I sighed. The race is about to start. The pistol went and I'm running as fast as I can. One New Zealander is coming first. I can't lose this race. Must win, must win, must win, I thought to myself. Then I realized I was coming first. I was so happy that one of my fans gave a roar like she was an athlete. Everyone stared at her. Poor thing, I thought I started to sprint instead of running. Nearly there I thought.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!