Ocean War

Name: Ege Yazicioglu
Address: 22 Grosvenor Street Kensington NSW, 2033
Grade Level: 2
School: Kensington Public School
Ocean War
Once upon a time there was a group of sharks that lived in the deep blue ocean. There were all types of sharks such as great white sharks, hammerhead sharks, whale sharks, and small sharks. Whenever the sharks saw any sort of fish (except the puffer fish) they would catch them and cook them on the sea BBQ and enjoy their delicious meal.
The smartest fish who lived in that ocean, named Steve decided to make a wall to block those sharks. So he made a plan. The plan was to build a big sea-wall that was made out of large heavy rocks. Steve was also a very wealthy fish. So he hired many strong, big fishes to work with him and he promised if the wall was well-built by the fishes, he will pay them a very good amount of money. Steve and all the other fishes decided to build the wall before the sharks had come back from their journey (where each year the sharks go on a holiday to capture different flavors of fish from different oceans) to home.
But there was a sneaky shark, named Frankie that thought he was smart and didn’t go on the journey with the other sharks. Frankie was an unusual shark who liked playing and being friends with fishes. One day Steve and Frankie came face to face while swimming in the ocean. Steve had a worried and scared look on his face until Frankie said “don’t be scared of me, I want to be friends”. Steve being smart said “okay, you can help us build a wall”. Steve said this because Frankie was stronger and faster meaning the sea wall would finish much quicker. Frankie being happy helped straight away.
Meanwhile, Max the boss of sharks and the other sharks captured all the other fishes and sea animals in the other ocean where they went on holiday hunting. But because the sea gas for the sea BBQ ran out, the sharks went to the sea shop called ‘Super Shark Store’. The fishes and sea animals found a saw and cut the rope and swam away. 1,000,000 fishes and sea animals went home safe. So the sharks were left with no food to eat and they returned back home.
When the sharks came back home they were surprised to see Frankie. Max got very angry and told Frankie to go with him to the shark house. Max wanted to punish Frankie but Frankie said “I want to live with the fishes because they are not mean like the sharks”. Max didn’t know what to do. With no reply Frankie swam back to the fish’s home. Because the sharks returned from the holiday on an empty stomach they decided to eat the fishes that Frankie was friends with. Frankie saw the sharks coming and told Steve and the fishes not to be scared. Steve offered to give the sharks their own food to become friends and live happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!