I Can See A Dark Cloud

My life is literally dark all the time. When I go to sleep and wake up it is the same. Nothing changes for me, day in day out. I wish something would change but it can’t not for me.
When someone says “Look over there!” or would talk about a colour I get a tear in my eye. I know I shouldn’t be sad because it’s always been this way but for some reason I don’t feel the same. Ever since I was little it was the only way I knew, all of a sudden I want to be like everyone I don’t want to be an odd one out anymore.
I don’t know why I am that left out. It’s not like I’m a hideous hag with warts and frizzed hair, I have long hair and not a freckle on my body. I sit by myself while people glare at me from metres away. I feel odd when they give me weird looks. They laugh in their little groups at me, I wish that I knew who they were.
Life is like that for me, miserable, dull and dark. That's what you should expect though, when you’re blind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!