The 12 Men

Once upon a time, there lived a huge dragon that did not like intruders if he ever saw an intruder he would kill them, but if he was hungry he would eat them for dinner, breakfast or lunch, depending on what time you came. One day, near the dragon's cave was a village a very wealthy village, they would work together and steal from people in other villages. Every day they grew wealthier and wealthier, till one day a man from the other village was sick of just sitting there and letting other people steal their his and his friends wealth, so on night they all agreed on stealing their wealth back, and off they went. That night they arrived at the village, everyone was in their homes, 'they're probably counting all the money they stole from us so let's go get it back,' said one of the men. Each one of them surrounded a house and inside the back door and all of them started searching for money as soon as they saw their villager snuggle into their beds. They searched and searched till they found all the money they wanted so they sneaked back, but as they all were going back some men were so clumsy and tripped over all the pots and pans on the ground and the villagers woke up because of all the noise and so all the stealers ran and ran, but they decided to take a short cut right past dragon, they were lucky they were silent because the dragon was right there, but then the villagers came running while shouting, screaming and yelling, then the dragon was angry he walked out with steam in his ears in his ears and was blowing fire everywhere he could. The dragon walked right in front of the screaming villages and set fire to the villagers, the stealers turned to see what had happened and when they turned around they saw that all that was left was a huge pile of ashes. The stealers were so scared they ran home crying.


The next day the stealer were eating breakfast when they heard a knock on the door, as the man opened the door he heard a little boy crying asking if they had seen his parents as the other stealers heard what he asked, the stealer was so scared he might go to jail for stealing the money so he went up to the door and told him the sad story not including the bit where he stole the money. as the little boy heard the news he cried harder and harder until he had no tears left. As the men watched him cry they felt sorry for him and took him in and raised him as a son.

Ten years later the boy grew up to be strong, brave and full of courage.


After that experience the men promised themselves they would never do that again.




THE END




By Kym Dana Yim

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!