The Fall

I can feel the rain, it's trickling down my skin
Your face is disappearing into the dark and I panic from within.
Don't leave me here, I need your warmth;
Your strength, your touch, with out I don't have much.
The cold night wind presses against me and with the sway of trees comes the flicker of light,
which brings your familiar face back into sight.
You've been by my side, you've been here all night, but now that you're leaving I can see it in your eyes; you cease wanting to be with me, it's no surprise.
I can see your eyes gleam with warmth but fear,
For if you stay any longer, you could fall in love my dear.
Your shimmering eyes are bright as they cast upon me, you struggle with words as you look at what could possibly be.
You reach out and grip my shoulder, squeezing it harder as you look more unsure,
Turning to go, you throw me a look that says you adore.
I can feel your desperation to avoid falling, your head is telling you no, but your heart can hear me calling.
As you disappear, I fall to my knees, I can't take this, you can't leave me as you please.

I run. I run through the dark and see a string of light rest upon the earth
I push past frustration; I know this chase is all that it is worth.
I crash into black, but realize its you, and holding you close is all I can do.
As you go to push away to stop the fear, you freeze to think; and you see it call come clear.
You realize you've already fallen, and I was yours long before warning
And now I am in your arms, before the dawn, before the morning.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!