That Little Puppy

It was a hot summers day and my brother Vincent and i were doing some shopping with my mum Suzy, when all of a sudden my brother forced my mum into a pet shop called 'pets paradise', the only reason my brother forced my mum into the shop was because of the little Maltese x king Charles puppy in the small, shiny, glass window. Vincent, my brother, would not stop begging for this little puppy in the window, my mum started getting really angry with all of the winging just for a little dog. I went and quickly had a glimpse at the puppy and it was adorable, with it's brown eyes, little wet noes, fluffy paws and curled tail! i couldn't see this puppy go with another family that might not even look after it as well as we will, so i started begging my mum to and i knew she stared to get a little embarrassed so i told my brother to stop and i asked mum, 'how much money did dad leave you?'and she replied '$300', and that was just enough money for the dog, this little, cute, fuzzy dog was only $250,I told mum that if she got the dog for us we will pay her back every drop but not in money, in chores. she had a quick think and she did agree that the puppy was cute and very loving towards people, so she quickly called dad at work to confirm getting a puppy. we know that dad will say yes because he himself has been dying to get a dog, he is real dog lover, so that wasn't a problem. once dad agreed with lots of happiness, my mother Suzy bought everything else we needed and put the puppy in a box, then we got into the car and took off, while we were in the car we were trying to decide what we were going to call this beautiful puppy. i had a better idea, what if we leave the name up to dad, he loves dogs and always wanted one so we will give that job to him. everyone agreed and so the drive continued with a song playing in the background. when we reached home we got everything out of the car including the adorably cute puppy, while mum was unpacking the food Vincent and i went to set up the dog in the backyard, all ready for when dad got home. it was 5.00pm and we heard keys clashing together as dad was trying to find the right key, then we heard the key go into the whole and 'click'the door unlocked and in came dad, we all ran towards him and gave him big hug, we dragged him to the backyard and showed him the puppy, he ran towards it and gave it a nice scratch on the belly and pat on the head. finally it reached 6.00pm, it was an hour later and dad asked 'what's his name'and we told him that was his job and all it took was a look in the puppies eyes and he replied 'Betty' that was the the wonderful moment of getting our first and only family pet puppy!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!