Egypt Adventure

A baby wrapped in a white cloth was left in front of a house in the United Kingdom with a note.16 years later the baby had grown into a beautiful young girl. She had dark brown hair and chocolate brown eyes with a lightly tanned skin, her name was Eena.

Eena had intelligence beyond the imagination. At age 6 she was reading ‘Around the world in 80 days’. She could answer any question someone asked her except for one.

The one question Eena couldn’t answer was where she was from. Her step family kindly took her in but the couple had no sons or daughters and were ever so happy to have her. Constantly she annoyed Mr and Mrs Rila about where she was from. “The
only clue to what your from is ‘you will find me at the triangle rocks’” is all Mrs Rila could find.

Eena spent most of her time thinking where she was from by studying the letter. One day Eena was fiddling with the lamp when a gust of wind blew in and knocked the lamp shade off and the note blew up on to the lamp. Strange drawings appeared on the paper. “What are these...? HIEROGLYPHICS!” Suddenly a crazy idea came into Eena’s mind. She began packing her bags and raced down stairs. “Mum I’m going to Egypt. Bye!” and Eena was gone into the dark night leaving a very startled Mrs Rila.

At the bank Eena took out all of her life savings and booked a plane ticket to Egypt.

As the plane door opened the hot Egyptian sun made Eena sleepy but she set off to find her parents.

At a market place Eena saw a pretty little shop. “Excuse me my name is Eena and I’m looking for my parents. I was left in the U.K” said Eena.
“I’m so sorry but we haven’t lost a child” said the lady. Her words cut through Eena like a knife through the heart. “Oh okay” whimpered Eena and slowly walked away.
“Wait! Where did you say you where you’re from?” cried the lady.
“The United Kingdom” replied Eena.
“I did however loose a daughter in the United Kingdom with a note and hieroglyphics on it.” said the lady.
“This note has hieroglyphics on it” said Eena
“Than you are my daughter.” Said Eena’s mum and they hugged like they forgot everything in the past 16 years.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!