Fat Cat And The Fire

Fat cat was strolling around outside the town, he was a proud cat and would try his hardest to get his favourite fish.
Suddenly fat cat heard some crackling and smelt a disgusting odour. In an instant flames glowing bright orange flared up behind fat cat. This frightened fat cat so he ran as fast as his legs would let him.
After fat cat ran 50 or so metres he found a eucalyptus tree. Fat cat thought if he was high up the fire couldn’t get him. Fat cat climbed the tree however he didn’t know that eucalyptus trees explode when they are heated up intensely. Up the tree fat cat saw a bird. Fat cat went over to the bird but the bird got scared and flew off. Fat cat wondered if he could do this so he jumped off and flapped his paws.
Without warning the tree exploded just missing fat cat. Being a cat and having excellent reflexes fat cat landed on all fours and took off like a rocket.
Fat cat was running so fast and looking at the fire that he didn’t realise that there was a lake in front of him. Out of the blue fat cat splashed into the water and froze out of shock. The water was shallow so fat cat didn’t drown.
Later firemen rescued fat cat but none of them knew who he belonged to so after lots of pondering they decided to send him to the pound.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!