A Change Of Life

It all started this one blistering night. It’s the night that changed my whole entire life forever! There is no taking it back, but will I enjoy this new life? Or will I do anything in my honour to get it back!

I was just lying in my bed listening to the soft pitter-patter of the rain on the tin roof, the trees rubbing against the window as the wind blows gently.
But someone was waiting for me, someone who was going to change my life! I didn’t know he was there? I didn’t know someone was watching over me, waiting for me so he can make his move.

The soft pitter-patter wasn’t soft anymore it turned into a dreadful shower! The trees were hitting the window so hard leaving marks on the window, suddenly I heard a loud BANG!
I shot up as fast as I could heavily breathing in shock! I look around the room to see if anything had changed, nothing had? BANG! There it goes again, but I just remembered we have loose tin on our roof, it makes a loud bang when there is heavy wind, or storms.

I sigh of relief, I check the time. 2:46a.m. “Great” I think to myself. How was I ever going to sleep with that tin roof!
I get rid of all my thoughts and I head out to get a drink of warm milk, but little did I know that I am being watched, that I’m being followed, by someone that is not quite human.

I’m in the kitchen taking little sips of my warm milk, but I then feel a strong gust of wind blow past me, I turn around but then the wind stopped? What was going on? I just ignored it. But was that the right thing to do?

I hear light foot steps behind me, do I dare to turn around!
It’s too late now!

I feel a cold pair of hands on my shoulders.
“Don’t worry child, I will make your life better! I will make it worth living!” A deep, dark voice says
Suddenly I feel him bite into my neck, I started to transform! My skin turned pale! My hair went black and I grew sharp fangs!

The bite had turned me into a blood-thirsty vampire!

“Don’t worry child! Your with me now! Come and join me!” The vampire held out his hand for me to take it.

I have nowhere else to go! I can’t stay here anymore!
I reach out for his hand and I take it.

Right then, me and the other vampire turned into bats.
From then on we were sucking blood out of the living!

But I will be like this forever! Will I ever want to turn back into a normal human being?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!