Paradise

Blue birds sang sweetly in the tall, green palm trees as small waves erupted on the surface of the sandy beach nearby. Butterflies fluttered from frangipanis to roses and the air tasted like the saltwater from the water of the ocean. I walked slowly across the lush, green grass and could occasionally hear the crunching of the large leaves underneath my soft shoes. The sky was hot pink and I could catch a small glimpse of the big, bright yellow sun before it set. The ocean looked beautiful. The water reflected off the sky, turning it pink, while dolphins played and jumped around in it. I made my way down to the beach, still admiring the birds in the trees. They looked down at my shyly as I passed them, but they seemed to smile as they watched me walk. Once I reached the soft, white sand, a shiver ran down my spine, giving me little goose bumps everywhere. The sand felt cold, as it touched my foot softly, but I tried to ignore it as I ran carefully towards the water’s edge. The water felt cold, and more goose bumps appeared on my cold body. I shivered and walked along the sand, still close to the water. The sand was wet and squelchy, and my feet kept sinking into it, but I managed to pull them out. I stopped in my track every couple of seconds, to examine the crabs, pebbles and shells that were on my pathway. Suddenly, I heard a loud voice calling my name and it the sound of it echoed across the deserted beach. I rushed towards the figure standing there in the darkness, realising it was my mum. She hugged me and had brought me a soft towel to wrap around me so I didn’t feel to cold on my short walk back home.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!