Raspberries And Mint

RASP BERRIES AND MINT

I saw three owls flapping past, they were going pretty fast. Feathers came out as they flapped furiously. I heard barking “WOOF” it was a hungry, angry dog. It had red eyes and a black collar with spikes. “AHHHHHHHHH...
An owl came screaming up to me “HELP, HELP” it cried desperately. “
“DID YOU JUST TALK!?” I said all confused.
“Yes, yes I did. We can chat later PLEASE HELP!” it said again urgently.
“Ok, I’ll help but what do you need help with?” I asked curiously.
“THE DOG!” he squawked.

I ran up behind the dog and kicked him up the bum to stare him; he went flying and shouted “I’ll be baaaaaaack...!”
“Thank you,” said an owl in a puff “please join us for a worm and mice platter. What about a berry and mint, it’s the least we can do,” said another kind owl.
“Well ok,” I said a little shyly. So off we went. We stopped at a HUGE tree with a house on top. It looked small from down on the ground but up top it was like a big cubby house. I looked on the table and there was a platter of raspberries, strawberries, blueberries and mint. It was beautiful. We sat down and started to eat and chat.
Suddenly we heard BANG BANG BANG. It was coming from the tree; the dog was chopping it down! I jumped down and the crazy dog ran straight for me! Bam!! I fell straight on the floor. I grazed my knee. It REALLY HURT. I lay on the ground injured. I thought I was done for.
Tears rolled down my cheek. I had dirt in my mouth. I was stinging all over. I felt terrible. I let the owls down and I was so sore. Crack, crack, crack.
OH NO! I got up. . I limped to Tyson with all of my energy. I was bursting with tears but I knew I could make it. BAM! I fell over again. Evil doctor Tyson was behind me, he pushed me over. I knew this was it. I couldn’t do any more. I just lay there watching him try to knock down the tree.
I noticed a small bottle with a note tied to it, I quickly opened the note OUCH, I got a paper cut, and another tear came down my cheek. This will help. Drink it.
It tasted like honey and raspberries, now I knew who it was from.
I drank the rest and I started to feel better. I got up. I was a little wobbly at first but then I was ok. I nervously started running towards Tyson. I could feel the fury burning in my chest. I kicked him up the bum again but harder. In fact A LOT harder. He ran away and that was the end of evil doctor Tyson. The owls came flapping down “hooray!”They cried happily. All the owls were cheering and lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!