He

My breathing was harsh. Vicious, painful thoughts were swimming around my brain as a screaming silent plea for help was ringing in my ears. The world had ganged up on me, so much had happened during the last week. I couldn't cope anymore-I wouldn't.
I silently glanced around, my hands tightly behind my back. Everything seemed too hopeless, yet, nothing appeared to be happening. Maybe he had forgotten. I decided not to get my hopes up; happy endings are only meant for fairytales.
My head throbbed. My eyes itched madly, and my energy was dropping. I had been struggling for so long. When he came in, I screamed.
"This won't hurt one bit. Think of happy fields of daisies," he motioned. A grin so evil it was spread wide from ear to ear, as he came towards me with his arms outstretched.
My head shook. My lips pursed together, whilst he struggled for control. My eyes were shut tightly, and my ears were buzzing. We both seemed to get no-where.
For a brief moment, nothing happened. I peeked through my eyes, opening them just enough. He smiled stooping slightly towards me, looking unsure in a odd kind of manner. But no way was I going to be fooled.
My leg took control. Up it vehemently went, hitting its target-the jaw. A horrendous crack was heard, and he pushed a button. Alarms sounded everywhere. I knew soon there would be back-up arriving.
Everything still seemed hopeless. The grip on me had gotten stronger. My eyes were red with determination and exhaustion. The voice from behind me spoke "Behave! You don’t know what trouble you're going to be in! We're only doing our job."
I put on a nice guy act. You know, the type of act you put on when your mum offers you so kindly the last weet-bix, the weet-bix she generously saved for you?
"Oh yeah! Go right ahead! Kill me!" I rolled my eyes, knowing that from behind, that wouldn't be seen.
"We're trying to help you. Honest, we are!" I rolled my eyes again. "Why...?" and that's when I felt it, something was shoved into my arm. As I opened my mouth, he looked down at me and grinned, knowing that I had been defeated. Glancing slightly upwards, he winked.
"That's over now," he smugly said, while rubbing his jaw subconsciously. A satisfied looked was plastered all over his face. "You're finished! But please! Please go to a different doctor next time..."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!