Raising Hell

Chapter 1
I was a large black jungle cat. I swished my four tails. It was rare for shifters; to have more than two tails in their kaira forms.so four tails meant that I was hell strong and the vampires knew it.
I growled and stepped forward; waiting for one of them I could hear them. The screams of my family reverberated through my head. I started sobbing quietly. My nine year old body was squeezed into the vent, and I could look through into my room. I barely kept myself from screaming when the door burst open, and the vampires stormed into my room, I held my breath, getting ready to shift, tensing as much as I could in the vent when one vampire walked towards me. He looked right into my eyes, and I knew I was dead. Then, he did something I never thought I’d see a vampire do.
He smiled and walked away!
“Come. There is nothing here.” One of the other vampires looked at him incredulously.
“But your majesty; she should be here. You heard her yourself”
But the vampire stood at the door and growled.
“Tell me Nathan” he stated the name with disgust “Would you like your heart inside your chest or not?”
A flash of fear showed in Nathans eyes. He lowered his head slowly.
“I-I’m sorry prince Sebastian.”
The prince smiled, and walked out followed by the others.
I let out a deep breath.

****************************************************************
“James! Come, it’s time to get up!” I watched as James opened his eyes. He smiled sweetly.
“Good morning Cadence.” I laughed and tapped his leg.
“Get up! Come on, your father wants to talk to you!” In any other kingdom around here I would be silent, but I grew up around the king and his children, and they looked after me since that terrible night. The king treated his subjects like they were his family. The queen was the sweetest woman in the kingdom. Their oldest son, James was my best friend.
I smiled as I fixed his bed, shooing him into his bathroom. I finished making his bed, and pushed my red hair out of my hazel eyes. I felt a sudden, cold chill down my spine. My head snapped up as I heard screaming. I ran to the window and I could see large animals, men and women fighting.
I gasped!
“Cadence! What’s going on?” I turned to James; my face must have shown how scared I was. I whispered one word.
“Vampires”

Amber carney





FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!