Heathrow's Fireball

London, Seven O’clock. As Big Ben gave seven large bongs, James was at a car show, the biggest in London for 5 years! As James looked around he saw a competition to win a car. He bought a ticket and easy as that he was in the draw for a Pagani Zonda - a super car! After half an hour the draw took place. The winner is... ticket 3452! James had won! “However” the announcer said to James “you will need a fireproof suit, this car is way too fast to drive without one”.
As James went to get a fireproof suit, the car was fired up. Five minutes later James was racing through the heart of London. He couldn’t wait to show his new car to his friends! As he was squirming in his fireproof suit, he thought “Left turn here” but he was just about to realise that he had made a terrible mistake… Fifty seconds later James said “Wait a minute this isn’t the road to my house, IT IS THE SLIP RAMP TO LONDON HEATHROW!”
James was driving like mad to get out of the apron of Heathrow but it only achieved getting closer to a cargo ramp. He was closing in on the cargo ramp at 200 mph. Meanwhile a fuel truck was speeding towards a British Airways 747. Just before cargo ramp 3 the truck slammed on the brakes as the driver noticed a metal strip lying on the apron. The truck pulled up 10 metres behind a cargo ramp. As the truck driver got out to move the metal strip, James was airborne but heading straight for the fuel truck. BANG! The car slammed into the truck. A massive fireball engulfed the car and truck but luckily the truck driver jumped clear. James also survived unharmed thanks to his fireproof suit. The emergency crews were amazed that there were no casualties.
A week later James was back at work, late as usual. He hopped into his rusty, slow, annoying old beetle that had a top speed of thirty. A gift from his grandma! James put his foot down and he muttered to himself “I wish that I hadn’t been so foolish with my Pagani Zonda”!

The End.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!