Olympic Dreams

Hi Jamaica,
Greetings from London!!!!
Last night I competed in the finals for the Gymnastics against 28 other woman,of many different backrounds and ages.

During the event an Australian gymnast stumbled and hurt herself badly.She had to be taken away from the event and ended up last due to forfit.

Next was a South Korean gymnast who seemed extremely hard to beat.Most of the women seemed hard to beat because they seemed to be extremely focused.

I was up LAST.I was shaking so much I rekon I could have caused an earthquake,by myself!
I did all my moves perfectly.I almost stumbled just like that Australian woman,but I kept my balance.I flipped and turned perfectly.

When I was done I got a standing ovation from the crowd.But all my training,blood sweat and tears had come down to this moment,when I would have to look up to the large screens which printed my score on it,where everyone could see.and wheather it will make or break my career as a gymnast ........ My career was made! I got 2 perfect tens and one 9.8,the combined total was the highest score today.I had won gold for my country.
So many people were surprised by this because this was my first olympics and Jamaica is'nt usally known for gymnastics,so it was'nt something anyone had expected.
\I was so happy with this,and winning gold for my country was an absolute honour,I thought as the Jamaican national anthem played,as Jamaica is still an up and coming country that does'nt usally get many medals in anything.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!