Ralphs Diary

Introduction
My name is Ralph Jones. I am a marine aboard the Alexander of the First Fleet. We have been at sea for 4 days and I have flogged 20 lashes for drunkness.
18 may 1787
I smelt heard and felt the massive waves against the vast Alexander. The felling of dying was so strong that it hurt to think about it. Its fun to boss around the scared convicts but it makes you feel if you were one and how much you would suffer

The weather has took a sharp turn! I was so scared that I forgot about the worst thing of all: seasickness. The feeling of is so horrid that it makes you feel very dizzy. If you acted the least bit seasick the sailors would cackle at ye. Also the sail was shaking at the force 8 wind.

The fight today was very entertaining. I tried to stop it but it was as if I was in it because they always gave me a swift punch whenever I tried to pull them away from each other. The fight was between the two convicts Toothless Tim and Coward Cam. I hate blood but I still had to go near them even though all your senses were smelling, seeing and for me touching blood.

Sometimes I feel sorry for the convicts the way they have to live is so sad sometimes I don’t like bossing them around but it’s my duty. Also captains. They stroll around the boat shouting STARBOARD, PORT, MAN THE SAIL as if they’re the most important man on earth but as for captains go I am also very jealous of free settlers. The freedom that they have makes me oh so very jealous so to fix my problems I have a cup of grog.

I hope I my trip is going to be ok. I hope I make to the unknown Terra Australis.it would make me the happiest marine onboard.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!