Darkness

Darkness.
That was all I could see. It seemed like there was nothing around me. Nothing close to me… but I knew better.
Cautiously, I took a step forward. Then panic seized me. Sweat started pouring down my face as I started to think. Come on Liz, you can face them. Its not like you’re gonna die slowly. There’s so many, you won’t last 5 seconds. But that was what scared me; I couldn’t stay in this darkness, this protection. I couldn’t stay forever. And when I got out the vampires where waiting.
The more time I’m in the darkness, the weaker I grew. I would have to face them now, before I got to weak. I willed the darkness around me to disappear, but instead it coiled and was absorbed into my fingertips. I immediately felt stronger as though all my strength had returned to me. I braced myself, ready to be pounced by over twenty vampires. When nothing happened, I slowly opened my eyes to see…
All the vampires on the floor, ripped to shreds. I turned to look at the mess around me and saw one last vampire charging me at the unrealistic speed of a vampire. But before I could scream, a wolf, as big as a bear and as white as snow, jumped over my head and in one swift movement, took the head off the last vampire. Its muzzle fur was covered in blood. It turned to me and my mind was filled with only the wolf. I know, it understands me……… and has been waiting for me…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!