Farmer’s Problem



One day there was a family of farmers. They had their own farm. Every day they woke up and fed all of the animals. They had sheep, goats, cows and horses. The farmers were called John, Jake and Sarah. They always went out mustering on their horses from morning till late.

One afternoon, John forgot to shut the cow’s gate and all of the cows got out. The next morning all of the cows were gone so they got on their horses and went to find their cows. All of them separated, one went north, one went east, one went south, and one went west they stopped looking for the cows and said they would look for them tomorrow. Day went by months went by but no cows were but when they were going to give up John saw one cow one of theirs while he was out fencing and he went up closer and closer and saw all of the cows so John called Jake and Sarah on the walkie talkies and said that he had found the cows they said they would be there in a sec to help round them up.

When they got there all of the cows were running all over the place and they took off because of a dingo attacking them. They called their dad and said there was a dingo so there. Dad got his gun and went on the horse as quick as he could when he got there, he shot the dingo.

They rounded up the cattle and took them back to the farm but as they got the last cow in they saw that it was limping and that was a problem because they had a boss that was really mean. He gave them the cattle to look after and he said if he came back in 2 months and his cattle’s hurt he would fire them. They got the vet in the town to come to the farm.

The vet said it would wear off in a couple of months. They asked if it could be fixed in one month or a couple of weeks but he said there was no way that it would be fixed in a couple of days or even one month.

The phone rang in the house and it was the boss who said he wouldn’t be back for a couple of months. Jake went outside and told the others that the boss was not going to be back in 2 months. They said that’s going to be good, then they had a party because the cow was fixed. When the boss got back he said they should have a party because they looked after the animals so well.
THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!