Journal Entry

May 31st The Scarborough

The Atlantic ocean was tough on the Scarborough, Swaying from side to side , falling of berths and even some people getting lashed by a cat’o’ninetales. June 18th we got let on deck for fresh air and exercise but I was still sick and extremely sad that I had to leave my wife.

June 26th back under the hull in our irons, walking to our berths, climbing up to sleep but I couldn’t because it stank of faeces, vomit and bilge water which smells the worst.

We spent July 3rd on deck watching marines being lashed for fighting last night. On the deck watching a person’s body floating away on the water is extremely sad especially for her family.

July 28th lying in my berth thinking back to my wife and 3 kids at home and also saying to myself why did I commit this crime although it wasn’t as bad as the man who killed his wife with poison.

Thinking about the future just hoping it will be better so I don’t have to stay on this appalling ship or even worse die at sea which won’t be good at all.

William Johnson

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!