Sasha's Story


Ever since my brother damaged his brain I have feared he will die. I love my brother so much. His name is Tim, we call him Tiny Timmy. He is only six and he has a great sense of humour. I’m Sasha by the way and I am going to tell you the story of my life…..
It all started when we were going on a holiday to Karijini National Park. The trip was long, but fun. I didn’t realise that it was one of the last times I would ever know Tim normal again.

We drove from Perth all the way to Geraldton. We stayed in grandad’s old tent. When it was dinner we sat in their drinking Mum’s warm chicken and corn noodle soup. My brother looked happy just knowing how much fun he would have on our holiday. Nobody knew what was in store for us.

The next day we woke up, and headed for Carnavon. The trip was long again, but also exciting. We passed a few Kangaroos and Echidnas, but then Dad swerved to miss a baby Kangaroo, my head crashed into the window, I heard screeching, then, like it was slow motion in the movies, I was thrust forward like a ragdoll, then jolted back. My chest hurt. We had crashed into a gum tree……I was thinking this is the end of my life. Dad was stuck under the wheel. Mum was screaming to try and help me and my brother, well at that time she wasn’t crying over me, she was crying over my brother…… I closed my eyes and slipped into unconsciousness behind the driver’s seat.

I could feel bright lights outside my eyelids. We all woke up to find Tim under big operation machines. We all thought he would die. I wasn’t badly injured just a few scars, dad has a broken back and mum has a smashed chin. The surgeon came in and said we will be out in a week, at the least, but Tim has to stay in a whole month!

One week went by dad has his back done up, mum’s chin is heeling, I’m fine, for now I won’t be as pretty as mum told me I was. But my brother wasn’t all right. A month later, Tim was out of hospital. He had severe brain damage, permanent damage. He would never be the same ever again…

So that was the story of my dramatic life of me Sasha and my family. It is 2016 now, Tim has four best friends at school called Andrew, Brett, Mathew and Jae they all have their little problems with their brain, sort of the like the problem Tim has. Sometimes they get bullied but that doesn’t matter to them, all that matters is that they are alive. Now we are all at a show eating lots of sugary lollies. Sadly Tim and his friends are not allowed on any rides but they don’t care one bit.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!