Archangel

Finalist in the 'Far Out 2012' competition

The hot sulphuric gust’s penetrated Michael’s damaged face, and the crunching of the blood stained skulls under his feet haunted him, but he had to be strong as was his duty as an Archangel. His brothers Raphael, Gabriel, Raguel, Saraqael, Uriel and Remiel all fought bravely but perished at the hands of the devil, Lucifer. The lord had sent us to this place of torture and punishment to destroy Lucifer before he harms god’s creations, the children of Adam and Eve. In this time before time they had fought…
Suddenly a burst of flames erupted on the never ending horizon, and a great power shook the ground beneath Michael’s feet. When Michael looked up he found himself staring into the glowing red eyes of a dragon. Michael drew his sword of blue flame and flew above the clouds before he was burnt and crippled alive. Michael turned and plummeted through the burning atmosphere, looking down upon the great dragon, Michael was lightning piercing through the clouds, he then struck the dragon with his sword, making a thundering earthquake that shook the very foundations of creation. The dragon combusted into a vortex of flame before transforming into the crippled, two-horned figure of Lucifer. Michael drew his icy blue flaming sword and pointed it at Lucifer…
“Halt, Michael, if you destroy me then what? What will happen? Join me, together we will destroy Yarway (God’s name) and we will be the rulers of all, together, you will be worshipped, why serve Yarway? Why would you protect his creations of which he loves more dearly than yourself and I? In our kingdom all will be equal, and we will destroy the imperfections of Yarway’s creations!” Lucifer said in a cold sickly voice.
“You who I called brother, was so noble and so strong, you who was once the highest and most thought upon Archangel, but you betrayed the league of the Archangels and you wanted more, I once loved you but now I call you my Archenemy, the devil,” Michael replied, not giving in to the temptation of the devil.
“Then so be it!” Lucifer roared.
Lucifer grabbed hold of his pitchfork and thrusted it at Michael which pierced straight through Michael’s golden shimmering armour… Michael fell. His pure golden blood poured onto the remains of his brothers on which he fell.
“I shall end the reign of Yarway,” Lucifer said as he stood and walked away.
“I am with thee Michael,” a deep kind voice filled Michael’s thought’s.
Michael stood. Lucifer turned in shock. Michael flew to Lucifer so fast it broke the sound barrier. He picked up Lucifer and flew up and up… Michael suddenly stopped and dropped Lucifer from an immeasurable height, Lucifer plummeted and Michael dashed, his sword of blue flame leading the way. He was catching up to Lucifer. Michael’s eyes glowed brighter than ever before. Michael’s sword made contact with Lucifer’s skin. Then a bright explosion as well as a great shockwave crippled and destroyed hell…

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!