End Of The World

Polace 5 was a peaceful planet on the outer rim of the Helios Galaxy inhabited by a human colony, which later grew into a mighty city of New Sydney. That was true until Faction Paradox chose it for conversion. Faction Paradox was a time travelling voodoo cult which had grown itself a powerful star fleet to conqueror all of time and space. The Faction, massive flag ship, shaped like a human skull, flew through the purple sky and smashed into the centre of New Sydney destroying buildings and causing the earth to tremble. The dust settled to reveal the mouth of the skull ship opening to unleash an armada of soldiers wearing bones of great beasts as amour and cocking black Maser blasters. The mighty force marched on the innocent people of New Sydney. Resistance was useless. All who stood up to the Paradox soldiers were massacred. Those who surrendered to the Paradox soldiers were dragged to the front of the Skull flag ship where they were put in a semicircle in front of a middle aged man wearing black battle amour with tattoos all over his face. He was the leader of Faction Paradox, the mysterious Grandfather Paradox. It is said in the myths of the Klade he was once called Kang. The tale goes that Kang went, back in time and accidentally killed his own Grandfather. Because of this the Kangs father was never born and neither was he. But if the Kang was never born how could he kill his own grandfather? This went around and around until the time stream imploded and caused the Kang to became Paradox giving the power to look into the time stream to see past present and future. This absolute power corrupted him. Kang then started his own religion with him as its God. The rest is history.
“Citizens of New Sydney you are the first in this part of the galaxy to be converted into devoted followers of the Paradox.” yelled the mad Grandfather.
“I don’t think so.” said a voice coming out of the crowd. A man wearing an ancient Japanese Samurai robe equipped with a Reverse blade sword emerged. All the Paradox soldiers spread although the crowd aimed their rifles at the Vagabond but Grandfather signalled for them to cease fire intending to make an example of him.
“Who do you think you are?” Grandfather sneered at the Vagabond.
“They call me Battousai the man slayer and I can’t let you enslave these people.” said the Battousai.
All of the people gasped including all the Paradox soldiers. The legends of the great Battousai the man slayer were greater than Grandfather Paradox.
“How are you going to do that?” said Grandfather Paradox. Battousai draw the Reverse blade Katana.
“I challenge you to mortal combat.” said Battousai
Grandfather Paradox nodded and drew a giant medieval sword from his belt and charged and the Battousai followed. There blades met and shook the earth. Grandfather’s blade shattered while Battousai’s blade, which was made of stronger stuff, came up at Grandfathers throat.
“This isn’t supposed to happen. It’s not fair!” cried Grandfather.
“A strong man doesn’t need to see the future he makes his own.” said Battousai.
With a chop of Battousai’s blade Grandfather Paradox’s head fell to the ground. The Paradox soldier ran for there spaceship and took off never to return to the planet.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!