Kirby

There once was a Mini copper whose name was Kirby, he was a talking mini as well. Kirby had a friend whose name was Herby, he was a VW Beetle. One day when Kirby parked out the front of an old TV store he heard a TV say, “There has been a massive head on crash on the Humber Bridge between an old VW Beetle and a Ford Focus. Both the cars were totally ruined.” Kirby was devastated that Herby was dead.

Kirby went home and cried himself to sleep. The next morning it was overcast and dark and rain was falling. Kirby’s owner Steve decided to stay home. Kirby snuck off to watch Herby’s funeral. It went for about 2 hours, by the time it was finished it was 10 o’clock. Kirby went back to his garage and watched TV through the window of the garage into the lounge room.

On the TV it said that, “There is a race on tomorrow at Silverstone and all the cars are going to be classic touring cars. Be there if you can to be the next touring car legend. Starts tomorrow at 11am.”

Kirby thought to himself ‘I want to do that’ luckily so did Steve. That next morning they packed up everything they needed and went to Silverstone.

On the way there they stopped at an old road side petrol station to fill up Kirby for his big race later that day. While Kirby was being filled up Steve went and bought himself a sausage roll, “This is good,” said Steve and off they went.
At 9.3.0AM they eventually arrived at Silverstone. They were sent to their garage, the garage was number 15. They set up their garage for the race; they put their spare tyres on the right side of the garage and the tools and spare parts on the left.

The announcer called out over the loud speaker, “The race is about to start. I repeat the race is about to start.” So Kirby lined up at the start line and they were off. Kirby shot right up front but three laps later Kirby’s front right tyre burst so he shot in to the pits and had a new front right tyre put on and went back out there.

Kirby was coming last so he caught up as fast as he could. He had overtaken Chevy’s, Fords and he was back in 1st place and he had won the race. Kirby was now a racing legend. They had a massive party for when Kirby won the race. After the party Kirby and Steve packed up their stuff and went home.

When they got home Kirby went to his garage and Steve went to bed. The next morning Kirby went to Herby’s grave and Kirby put his trophy on Herby’s grave.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!