Tale Of The Mysterious Custard The Dragon

Once there was a little white house with a big family living there. Your probably wondering who lives in that little white house and who I am, well I’m Custard the dragon better known as custard the cowardly dragon. That’s right a dragon with toes like daggers and a mouth like a fireplace would be scared of every single thing on the planet. Now enough about me lets get on to the other people in my family well there’s only one person that makes me feel like a part of the family, her name is Belinda she is very nice and she also has a good sense of humour. She’s the only human in this house. The others are all pets like me, only there’re not cowards. There is Ink a jet black cat and her best friend Blink a little gray mouse and to show how brave they are they chase lions down stairs. Then there’s Mustard the bright yellow dog.

Now to the day when it all started, Ink, Blink and mustard were teasing me and Belinda was trying to cheer me up. Then a pirate as ugly as a toad came climbing in the fully open window. I was so scared as you can imagine so I ran to the couch but that didn’t do any good because of the size I am. The pirate was in the house by now and had tied up all the other pets on the pole of our beds. The pirate mustn’t have had any brains because he didn’t even notice me struggling to get under the couch. Well I’m actually quite glad about that but I’m not so glad him tying up my family and, then while everyone was trying to escape he took Belinda to his boat and started screaming out something while he was sailing off.

I got out from under the couch and raced straight to Ink, Blink and Mustard who were still tied up on the pole of the bed. I untied the rope. Then we all talked about how to save Belinda and what the pirate was yelling out. There were lots of ideas but my idea was the one everyone agreed on. I thought that the pirate was saying Port Dog. That’s a port for boats down town. So I said “let’s go!” but nobody was very enthusiastic to go find Belinda. So that left me, the most cowardly person in the house, going to fight pirates.

So I set off hoping that down town wouldn’t be too scary but I was wrong down town was the scariest place I’ve been too in my life.

I was walking down the road to Port Dog and I saw a mammoth sized ship, but to my surprise there was no crew but I didn’t want to get off topic. I could just see Belinda on the deck I couldn’t see the pirate so I thought that this was my chance. I was so scared but I had to do it “for Belinda” I kept saying in my head.

I went straight to the deck and I saw Belinda and the pirate having tea calming I was vert surprised. But some how under stood why he took Belinda. He let me join them then we went back to the house and the crew was sitting with Ink, Blink and Mustard. We all started living together and were a happy family.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!