I Hate Water

I HATE WATER
By Qian Pan Year 5 Willetton Primary School

CHAPTER ONE
I got up very early this morning. I went to the bathroom then I went to the kitchen to eat something. I went outside to swim in my pool and to have a warm up for my swimming training later on across the road. I decided to swim somewhere with more space, so I went to the beach to have a salty swim. I walked into the beautiful, calm sea. I was swimming slowly until I felt something. I dived down to have a look but I didn’t see anything, so I continued swimming. I was having a lovely swim until something grabbed me by the leg and pulled me down under water. I couldn’t see anything grabbing me. It probably was invisible and I couldn’t say “help” because I was underwater and I was drowning. Oh no, I am losing my breath! I thought. Then this weird creature swam up to the surface of the water and took off.

CHAPTER TWO
“Where am I?” I asked myself. I was on an island and was very tired. I had to stay there for a few hours. After I felt better, I went back for a swim. Then the same thing happened, but this time I was struggling. I was trying to stay on the surface to save myself and shout, “HELP! I’M DROWNING!” but it was no use. I went down deep and blacked out. I found myself on land and then when I woke up, everyone was crowding around. I woke up and found myself at the local beach.

CHAPTER THREE
The next day, I went swimming again and this time I asked someone to come with me. After a few minutes, the same thing happened and she was freaked out! She couldn’t find me anywhere, but I was at a shipwreck and I think the invisible creature wanted me to find something. I went in the shipwreck and I found something shiny. I went in further to see what it was. I was surprised because it was a picture of a grandmother. I grabbed it and swam quickly to the surface and went straight home.
I told my mum about it and she was happy to see her mother. I went swimming again but the thing didn’t come back. I just enjoyed swimming around, but then it happened again, so I swam to shore as fast as I could and went home.
Why me? I wondered. From now on, I HATE WATER.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!