Night Adventure

Inky darkness swallows the sky. My hands slip quickly from their grip on the rock. I have scratches and cuts all over my face. But then, I realize my life depends on whether I am strong enough to hold on to this rough edge of a mountain. My hands are beginning to get extremely sweaty. My head is spinning in circles. I hear people calling my name, asking me to hold on for as long as I can. With this situation there’s a chance my own death comes into play. What if I want to fall asleep, or my arms are getting tired?

I realize everyone’s gone, disappeared, they’re not there anymore. When did they leave? I’ve been watching all the time, at least I think I have. From falling, I have this black scar slashed across my arm. Has everyone gone to get help? Or have they just left me here, til I fall or possibly die. Who knows? It’s so peaceful now, I can hear the beautiful calm waters, banging gently from side to side.

Giant, bright lights shine onto me. They’re so bright I can’t see a thing. Sirens go off, and this is the moment when I start to seriously freak out. Is this a nightmare or something real?? Are all these people coming to help me or are they just a random group of weird people coming to laugh at me?? I’m covered from head to toe in scratches. My eyes are so itchy. I attempt to scratch them with one hand or even a finger. I slip and I’m falling, I’m screaming my head off! I am starting to think I’m about to die.

No one’s there underneath me to catch me. But the gloomy dark sky has gone all white; there’s no bottom to the end of this world. I scratch my eyes when I take my hands off I’m lying comfortably on my bed, with my light on. I am extremely confused, was all of that a dream? My body has scratches, they’re from last night. Or at least I thought it was last night.

Was that adventure of mine last night? I have all these weird memories of last night. I think that was last night. How long was I asleep for? I still have scratches all over my body, was it true? Maybe it was, were those sirens the smoke alarm going off? Were the lights flashing on and off, just someone in my room clicking the light switch on and off constantly? My mind’s beginning to spin in circles once again. I’m am starting to feel very, very confused. But that scar is still slashed up the side of my arm.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!