Edward And The Ice Mountain

Long, long ago, there lived a little boy named Edward. He was an adventurous boy. He lived with his parents although his father had passed away a few years ago. The two of them live in a brown, petite cottage in the countryside.

Early one morning, two men in black suits came to the cottage and shouted “Get out of this cottage, this is ours.” They had constantly been harassing Edward and his mother and threatening them to leave the cottage or they would be killed. The men were the reason Edward’s dad died. Then, Edward packed his mother’s clothes and stuff then his own and left the cottage in terror. His mum sobbed as the day passed by. Edward looked at his mum and tried to cry but no tears came out. He couldn’t release his sadness. Days passed as they tried to find shelter but no matter where they searched, there was only grassland and trees.

A few weeks later, Edward’s mum passed away and Edward was all by himself. This was the moment he could cry and release all his sadness. All of a sudden this weird message dropped out of the sky and which made him knew he was on a quest. The message read:

Riddles, Rhymes on your way;
eyes watching you all day.
Every rhyme is always true;
soon your quest will be through.

Then he walked on and saw a mountain in the distance. It was not a normal mountain, but it was an ice mountain... one that you could never see in your whole life. Once he saw it, he knew the town near the countryside was in extreme danger and only he could save the town. If this mountain melts, everyone would die.

The next riddle dropped out of the sky and he caught it in his hands. It read:

Ice, ice melting by;
mountain, mountain in front of your eye.
Something hidden somewhere inside;
it may take you on a ride.

He then smashed the ice mountain but that turned out that it didn’t work. The mountain took no effect. The more he smashed the more the larger the ice mountain became.

That afternoon, he was planning what to do next. Finally, Edward thought of an idea. It was to freeze it, although this sounded rather ridiculous but it was worth a try.

A letter dropped with a package of ice and hit Edward on the head. Edward was unconscious, but managed to get himself up and picked up the package. The letter read:

This is not a rhymey rhyme;
this is a message to say;
that you found out how to destroy the mountain;
so your quest is nearly done.

Edward, in frustration, threw the pieces of giant ice cubes to the mountain. The mountain began to gradually shrink. It took a few days to see a blur inside the ice mountain and finally the ice disappeared and in it was.... was.... a time machine. “A time machine to get my parents back?”, he wondered.

Edward went in the time machine and went back 3 years. He saw his dad and took him into the time machine and went forward 2 years to get his mum. Finally they went forward back to the normal time to take revenge on the men in suits. Edward froze them. His family went back into machine and went to the future. They now live with us somewhere and lived happily ever after.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!