The 3 Brave Heroes

In a land of magic and monsters there was a city called Odin. It composed of 4 parts- the north, east, south and west. Ancient tales tells of a sorcerer named Runic who cast a spell on the city to keep any intruders away. This spell has kept the city safe up until now. The evil Icequeen has became stronger and has adopted new followers- Mane the barbarian and Tiger the demon hunter. That night Icequeen and her followers ordered for their monsters to surround the city. Icequeen cast a spell on the city and Runic’s spell started to fade away.

The city was encircled by monsters and the raid was ready. The guards on night duty had spotted the monsters and were preparing for tomorrow’s moment of truth. The city’s keeper had put a notice up for anyone who had wanted to battle for their home, family, community and establishment. All the sorcerers of Odin cast spells of fire, ice, water, electricity and wind to keep the monsters away. Now this only lasted for a few weeks. The soldiers and sorcerers were getting worn out and they needed rest. Just at the correct time 2 brothers and 1 sister, altogether came to help find the source of the monsters as they were unlimited.

The eldest was named Zach, in the middle was Sophia and the smallest of them all was Drake. They all retrieved their equipment from the training center and set off. Just when they were about to set off the city’s keeper told them they could access special gadgets. They all chose the helicopter because it has speed and it had a camouflaging color to the cursed sky with big black clouds stuck together and lightning striking from here to there. They sped off at the exit tube and were flying to the monster’s source.

What could it be? Sophia thought in her head. She suddenly looked down at the monsters and realized that all of them walked in groups or pods and each monster in the same pod looked exactly alike. They were cloned. No wonder there were so many of them. Sonia spread the news to her brothers.

At that moment Sophia wasn’t looking where she was going and she was heading towards the invisible barrier of all barriers. She was going to crash. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!! Shouted the boys.

When it crashed it actually went through. Of course, Sophia was using her deceptive hologram. It looked real and it would attract attention. She had done that to everyone when she got it for her birthday. After that the hologram was spotted and moments later Sophia’s and Zach’s helicopter had been spotted by the spotlight. They were captured but they went in 2 different ways so that they couldn’t team up.

Would it be or would it be safety, shelter and family or torture, torment and death? Drake was going to have to decide his siblings fate.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!