Ocean Beauty

As the surfer entered the crystal clear, aqua blue, warm and salty water she felt the strong bond that binds a surfer and the ocean. She put on her snorkel and fins then dived into the beautiful, breathtaking, fresh water. She swam past the rocks sitting on the bed of the ocean. Rocks covered with red, bright seaweed and brain coral hanging off them. She swam past sea urchins and a bright school of clown fish. Fins kicked alongside blue and green starfish sitting peacefully on the ocean bed, sea cucumbers, lying motionless, life not within them.
 
That's when she spotted it. The Mother of the ocean, floated gracefully on the surface of the water. A turtle. The surfer swam excitedly but cautiously towards the beautiful creature. The turtle was in no rush to leave. It hung around her, letting the surfer touch her mossy shell, wrinkly flippers and silky head.
 
Suddenly a big group of turtles came out of all directions, all different sizes, colours, shapes and ages. The surfer looked around, joy in her eyes, as she swam around the breathtaking, wonderful creatures. She paddled over to a little baby turtle. It was very cute and she had an urge to cuddle it. She touched its head, flippers and silky smooth shell. She noticed that the little baby turtle had a very smooth shell, while the old one had a rough, mossy shell. This took her interest at once. She went and touched all of the turtles’ shells. Feeling each one with curiosity. Some were hard. Some were mossy. Some were smooth, rough and wrinkly. Suddenly, as quickly as they came, they all disappeared.
 
The surfer decided to paddle in. She swam back over the rocks, looking at all the fish and coral as she swam by. When she got to the shore she took off her fins and snorkel. She smiled, invigorated by all of her dazzling experience. She went to her car, about to get dressed. Then turned around, grabbed her surfboard, and headed back into the water. Wondering what she would encounter this time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!