Survivor

Bang, clatter, poof, smash. I drag myself out of the smoking, flaming wreck onto the ice cold snow. I pinch myself, but this is no dream. The plane has crashed in the worst possible place on earth, Alaska! I stretch down painfully and feel my aching leg, its cut badly. I drag myself over to a smoking bag, I pull it open and rip out a piece of red fabric and wrap it round my leg.

Well, I’ll start at the beginning of this horrid story of my survival. I was going to America to visit my Grandma in Oklahoma; she is a jolly old soul. When we were going over Alaska, the air attendants calmly told us, “We’re going to hit some slight turbulence.”l wasn’t worried until bags started falling out of the over head lockers and gas masks started coming down! Woo Woo went the sirens, boom, and here I am.

I look around to see if anybody else survived the crushing impact. There’s no movement, I start to struggle to my feet but the pain is too much and I slap to with a thud. It’s getting late so I decide to drag my aching body into the wreck and get some rest. It’s early morning and I heard something no person would like to hear, it’s the dreaded sound of wolves howling in the darkness. I need some warmth so I make a fire out of smoking clothes. I think to myself “1 need food.” I’m starving. I limber weakly to my feet and make a spear out of wood and pieces of steel. I hobble into the forest with my spear I didn’t see a thing, but I knew something could see me …

I was almost back to the wreck when something launched out of the snow at me it was a massive Alpha wolf. It had massive teeth with big blood red gums. It was covered in grey hair which was all mangled up. I reached for my spear and gripped it with all my might and stabbed the big wolf through the chest it fell to the ground instantly. It was dead. I dragged it back and cooked it. Its soft meat tasted disgusting but it was edible and that’s all that mattered. It didn’t last long, it was mostly bone. I earlier skinned the wolf and used it as a coat to keep me warm.

I decided I was going to leave the wreck and find a way out of this place. So I set off with my spear and a bag full of clothes. It had been two days since I left the plane and I hadn’t seen anything. My hopes were all but gone until what looked to be an abandoned shack in the distance I sprinted with joy to the shack to find an old looking two-way. I pick it up and call for help - nobody answers. I call again and then beyond belief I hear something

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!