I Walk By The Beach

I walk by the beach. My toes are sinking into the infinite grains of sand. The wind slaps and rushes over my weak and pale face.
A dazzling silken scarf of many colours was luminous in the seaside haze. My hands clutch the kite to stop it from flying away, away in the seaside haze. I let the kite free into the world but it is not completely free, it is trapped by a thin string.
I see it being battered by the wind of life. I the selfish holder finds it amusing to see the kite thrashed in the gale force of life.
The kite is getting ripped apart into shreds. It can’t stand it any more the kite wants to fly like a bird fluttering free in the fresh air.
As the kite rips apart so does my heart, the minute threads that make up my heart are getting slashed apart. Just as the waves crush the rocks with brute force. The time is coming the kite urges for freedom, rip! Two parts of the kite break free from the chains, the chains that hold them there today, today in the seaside haze.
I watch and stare at the two remnants of the kite shinning, shinning like a dim light through the seaside haze. I have no purpose anymore, I climb up the metal steps to the cliff. The barren cliff of many names by the seaside haze.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!