The First Day Back At School

It was the second day of school and I was in grade six. I came to school late that day and when I walked up to my new classroom, everyone was waiting for me. The teacher looked very angry. "Um, I felt sick," I said to him. The teacher looked even angrier. "Explain," he said. I wondered what would have been the best words to describe my feelings without lying. "Well I felt sick because this year I have to have you again as my teacher. I mean you’re so grumpy and you are very scary," I said back answering him. Mr Tansy was furious.

Perhaps what I have said was not the exact best words to use. So what happened to me? If you guess detention then you guessed right. During lunch while the other boys were playing and having fun, I had my detention with the principal. She got scarier and scarier as the earth went around the sun. Finally the detention ended. But the bell rang for lunch. "Did ya have fun?" my friends asked me. I stared at them, and then I said, "Well you wouldn't be if you were in the worse place on this planet called Earth.” They shrugged their shoulders at me and said nothing. When we got back to class I sat back in my seat thinking. Why do I have to sit next to the most annoying girl in the whole of stage three Bethany Tech.?

While I was thinking Bethany jumped up and snatched my pen off me. “Give it back you ugly hag,” I yelled. Unluckily for me I was somehow in trouble again, but for the first time I was in trouble for something that I did not do. Mr. Tansy walked up to me. Bethany looked at me with a grin then she acted that she was very worried. “He’s teasing me,” screeched Bethany with the worst voice I’ve ever heard so far in my life. Then Mr. Tansy growled at me, “Stop the teasing and get on with your work or you’ll be sorry.” I stared at him with my mouth wide open. “She stole my pen,” I exclaimed. “Get outside and stay there till the bell rings and that’s that,” Mr. Tansy yelled at me. That was the worse day of my life so far. At least I still lived by the end of the day. But starting your year off with five detentions in row for five days is not that pleasant. Most properly bad luck too. But I didn’t intend to change my luck, I shouldn’t have to. So I decided to keep it that way until school finishes forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!