Leah's Holiday

One Thursday morning, this pretty blue eyed, blond hair young teenager was strolling down Collin Street to get to the bus stop, her name was Leah Find. She got to school after a 20 minute ride on the bus. Sometime after that the loud siren went off for recess, Leah sat with best friend Emily Shack, she’d met her in Kindy. Emily went really quiet for two minutes, then she bent over to Leah and whispered “my family and I are going on a trip up to Darwin”. Eventually it was the end of the day and Leah was totally excited to tell and ask her mum something. She ran home like a Crocodile was chasing her, it was fast!

At dinner time Leah was getting a bit over the top because she made her Mum and Dad sit down, she started to tell her parents about Emily going to Darwin for a holiday and then she went on to say something like this I’ve just been thinking about Emily going on her trip and thought maybe we could go on a holiday up north as well,” Her parents went to bed that night. In the morning Leah woke up early at 6:30am, she ran down to her parents’ room and she asked if they had had a think about her question the evening before. The answer was yes so they decided to take a trip. Leah was so excited she kissed their cheeks like 20 times each.

Four weeks later they were driving to the airport to get on the airplane, and then three hours later Leah and her family were arriving in Darwin. Once they had arrived they straight away hopped on their lap-top to see where they could stay for a few days. They found a hotel called the Crowne Plaza Hotel, it was four and a half stars. It was an exciting place to experience for Leah. They had a balcony and a big pool to swim in but best of all they were close to walk into the city
Two days later, Leah’s family went to the Crocodyllus Park. They were walking around enjoying the sites, looking at the different crocodiles. They reached the enclosure of a large male crocodile. All of a sudden Leah reached over the protective fence, and the bracelet that she had inherited from her Grandma fell off her arm. She saw the bracelet fall into the dark aqua water. She started to cry because it was so special to her. There was no way that she could get it back while the crocodile was in the pen. But a day later the wildlife managers were cleaning the pen when they found the bracelet. Straightaway they rang Leah’s parents because they had left their phone number at the zoo. There was huge celebration when the precious bracelet was returned to Leah.A week later they were home safe and sound and they had had a really fun time.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!